Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bah Humbug!

Well, I was doing seemingly okay until yesterday when I decided to bring Dad a miniature Christmas tree. Driving through the cemetery gates and seeing all of the Christmas decorations, flowers, and plants, made me so emotional. I thought about all of the other families and friends, missing their loved-ones, especially this time of year. As I walked toward Dad's grave, I noticed that there was a poinsetta plant on his headstone. My half-sister that lives in Canada had it delivered by Dad's favorite florist, and it was signed from all of us. I sat there, staring at the Christmas tree and poinsetta plant, and began to feel angry. Angry that I was bringing Dad a Christmas tree to the cemetery instead of at Tommy Bahamas, trying to decide between the blue or white Hawaiian shirt for him. Angry that he was gone... angry that he was taken away from us. When I got home from the cemetery, I tried to take my mind off of things by wrapping presents and as I was going through gift bags, I found one with a tag that read, "To Lori, Love Santa", written in Dad's perfect architect printing. UGH! Can someone please just knock me over the head with a cast iron skillet and wake me up in January? Please?

No comments: