
OK... I have to admit... I had never been to an actual funeral until I attended my Dad's, so it was all quite shocking to me. I've attended a few memorial services, but never a funeral. I lost all 4 of my Grandparents at a young age; I had never met my Dad's parents because they lived in Hungary, and my Mom's parents were cremated and we scattered their ashes. So, cemeteries are very foreign to me, and forgive my ignorance, but still kind of creepy, especially since every time I've driven by in the past, preparing myself for this terrible time, it has been completely deserted... not a single car or a single person anywhere. I'm going to try to go to the cemetery by myself tomorrow to bring my Dad flowers and a margarita (The man loved a good margarita!), and I keep trying to think of things to say to him. Is it okay to just sit in silence with him? Can he read my mind? Do I actually have to be talking the whole time? Am I allowed to be funny? Am I allowed to cry? Should I bring a margarita for his neighbor too? Please help me with my cemetery etiquette... I don't want to embarrass myself or my Dad. Thanks!

No comments:
Post a Comment