Friday, June 20, 2008

Lucky Duck!!


This is how he sleeps....



This is the new man in my life... his name is Frankie. Lori and I were driving to work on Tuesday morning on Frank Sinatra, and came across a terrible, terrible sight. I won't go into details, but I will say that we are certain that Frankie is the only survivor of his family. Another gentleman and I stopped 6 lanes of traffic to save this little guy, and I took him to work and got him cleaned up and fed. It is now 2 days later, and I am absolutely attached to this little duckling!! He instantly falls asleep when I hold him, which melts my heart because I know he feels safe and comfortable with me. A doctor at work told me that if I put him down and began walking, he would probably follow me, thinking that I was his mama, but I'm too afraid to do that just yet... I'm so scared that I'd step on him! Lori and I will probably take him to the bird sanctuary next week. A wonderful woman runs it, and I'm sure there will be other orphaned ducklins there, and they can all bond and become a family. I've been tinkering with the idea of wearing all black, sneaking onto a golf course at 2:00 am, and sneakily nudging him into another family of ducklings, but I'm so scared that they'll instantly realize that he's not part of the family, and will reject him, so I think I'll do some research before I try that. Maybe Lori and I will just have to buy giant duck suits and keep him forever. Heck, Chandler on Friends had a duck... why couldn't we!?

No comments: