
In Middle School and High School, I LOATHED P.E. and weight training! I would secretly think of excuses to try to get out of it, however, rarely tried to use them on my 300-pound of muscle, former marine P.E. teacher. Food poisoning... menstrual pain... premature arthritis... you name it, I thought of it. I don't know if it was running the mile in under 15 minutes in the 120 degree heat or the fear of further toning my oh-so-boyish figure that I dreaded more.
Fast forward 15 years, and I am a total gym rat! I've been going regularly for the past several months and I've gotten to the point where I feel terrible if I'm not able to go to the gym for at least an hour a day. It has totally changed my life and it has allowed me to release my stress in a healthy way. Now, instead of going to the casino where the bartender immediately knows what I'm going to have to drink, I walk into the gym, and the guy behind the counter knows my membership number. I like that. : ) Next feat: triathalon.

1 comment:
I wanted to do a triathalon but Brad thought I was crazy. Maybe we could train together!
Post a Comment