Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Campy Camperton"




It's amazing, the things a person will do for love. Things that are completely out of their comfort zone. Things they have never really taken a liking to in the past. Yes... yes, I am going camping. Oh, but not just back yard camping or even camping an hour away... Lori and I are packing up the SUV and taking a 9-hour road trip North with the kids, and will be camping just below Yosemite National Park. For 3 days. With Lori's ENTIRE family. I am breathing into a paper bag as I type this. As a child, my parents never took us camping. Ever. Roughing it meant staying at the Comfort Inn when the Marriott was full. I have showered every single day for the past 29 years. I like brushing my teeth 3 times a day. In my mind, toilet paper falls under the necessity category, not the luxury category. My ankles are mosquito magnets. Need I say more? Don't get me wrong, I am not a spoiled princess and it's not the "icky" factor that bothers me. Trust me, I have cleaned up more urine and feces than I care to share, and I can draw blood from a dog's jugular vein in 9.5 seconds. I can handle that. I just enjoy cleanliness and safety, and frankly, a thin piece of mesh separating me from the hungry black bears does not register as safe in my mind. But, like I said, when you love someone, you'll do anything for them... even camping. Stay tuned for pictures and updates. We are leaving at 2:00 am this Friday morning. Let the countdown begin. (The picture above is an actual picture of where we will be camping. Okay, so maybe I'm a little bit excited.)

No comments: