I know, I know, I've been a bad blogger lately, BAD, BAD BLOGGER! (Slapping my own hand) I have a really good excuse though... my dog ate my lap top! Okay, that's not true, but I really do have a good excuse! Between working full-time at the animal hospital, attempting to be a good wife, mother, daughter, and sister, and having somewhat of a social life, I have decided to take the bull by the horns and pursue a little pottery business. I've always wanted to do this, but have never felt that my skills as a potter were up to par, compared to other potters. Then it hit me!! DUH!! I will never be at "their" level unless I start from the bottom and work my way to the top. I had quite a temper as a child- I was the most competetive kid you'd ever meet, and on top of that, I expected to be good at everything the first time I tried it. If I didn't master something, I would get so mad at myself, and would usually end up throwing my pencil/tennis racket/golf club/calculator/fill in the blank across the room/tennis court/golf course/study hall/fill in the blank. Now that I'm almost 30 (Holy crap, when did that happen!?) I've realized that if you want to be really good at something and master your craft, the only way to get there is to practice, practice, practice!! Anyway, I will try to be better about blooging. Maybe I could even blog about my pottery. I'll post a few pics of my most recent pieces.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment