Saturday, August 8, 2009

Best Movie I've Seen In A Long Time!!

I rarely gloat about movies, and very rarely walk out of a movie with the excitement of seeing it again. Today, I saw Julie & Julia and it brought out all of the emotions that you hope to get from a movie; admiration, happiness, and excitement for life. I didn't know much about Julia Child before I saw this movie- I mean, I knew of her and have seen the various parodies of her, but didn't really know how she got started, and certainly didn't know how extremely smart and funny she was. She really was a remarkable lady and had such a loving relationship with her husband. Her passion for cooking was so contagious and I left the theatre with an extreme desire to come home and make Coq au Vin or Beef Bourgiognon. If you want to be inspired and learn more about this brilliantly funny chef, please go see this movie!

No comments: