Monday, July 7, 2008

VACATION!












I love that word. Vacation. When I hear that word, I think of beaches of white sand, mai tais, and good company. Lori and I have 2 glorious weeks off, and are planning to enjoy every moment of it! Between losing Dad in April, and a very hectic work schedule, often consisting of 12-hour emotional days, we're sure ready to let our hair down (Lori, at least) and relax! We began our vacation by going up to the Palm Springs Tram with Mom, which was a wonderful experience! So quiet and serene. We received 2 free nights at the casino hotel, which we are taking full advantage of tonight and tomorrow night, and we're planning a trip to Napa Valley toward the end of the week. The anticipation of taking a wine train through the various vineyards, sampling all of the different wines and cheeses, and staying in a little cottage is making us giddy. More pictures to come! (One hopefully involving a giant cardboard check at the casino!)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You are so sweet to offer that, the thing is that we do have the money right now but with the future uncertain it causes Brad great stress. Right after I posted on my blog I called Brad and told him that I wanted to go. I have been COMPLETELY undecided about going from the beginning. I don't know why it has to be so darn expensive, I was looking things up on the internet and one class reunion in I don't know where had a BBQ picnic, $26 each. That is my kind of reunion :) I appreciate greatly your offer but if we do decide to go we will take care of it. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Are you going? I miss you! awesome pics from the tram. I do read your blog often, I just don't comment a lot-on anyones. It takes time and I prefer to hop around to as many blogs as I can before someone comes to attack me or whine at me. Have a great vacation!