
I have never considered myself a political person. In fact, I have always said that I am completely ignorant when it comes to politics, but this election sparked something in me. I really researched the issues and got involved. While we watched the historic election last night, we had chills when they announced Barak Obama as our President- it truly was a life-changing moment and we were thrilled that the world was finally changing and becoming more accepting of people who weren't exactly like them. Then... the results of Proposition 8 were announced this morning and all of those feelings were quickly dissolved. The fact that they used the excuse of teaching about gay marriage in schools as the reason to pass Prop 8, is completely absurd. I don't remember once, hearing my teachers talk about marriage while I was in school. It's just their way of stripping us of our rights and our happiness and it truly makes me sad. I completely understand people not understanding it, but I do not understand why they're so concerned about what we do with our lives. I feel like the world took a big step forward and then two huge step backwards, all in a 24 hour period. Canada, here we come!

No comments:
Post a Comment