I officially survived my first holiday without my Dad. I had been dreading Thanksgiving in the back of my mind because I knew it would be really difficult, but there were so many wonderful distractions, that it really helped occupy my brain. My cousin Dian and her adorable son, Max, are in town and we've been having so much fun together. We all gathered at Mom's last night for dinner. Lori and I prepared the deep fried turkey here at home (we were so scared not only that we were going to get oil on Mom's patio, but also terrified at the thought of having a boiling pot of 350 degree oil in the vicinity of a 9-month-old!) So, we prepared the turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce at home and Mom, Mike, and Dian were in charge of the mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, and pie. My aunt, Mimi joined us, which was a wonderful surprise. We sat outside next to the chiminea, ate, drank, laughed our heads off, cried a little, and had a wonderful time. Today, Mike and I took Dian and Max to the River for some lunch and shopping. Dian couldn't pry him from my hands during lunch, and then I strapped on the Baby Bjorn to tote him around the River. As if that wasn't enough, when people would come up to us and tell me how cute he was, I would respond nonchalantly, "Aww, thank you!" Don't worry, I do realize how pathetic I am. Someone give this woman some sperm!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Okay, since we love you so much, we have devised a plan involving an overnight shipment and a turkey baster. We'll work out the other details ASAP.
Love you!
Post a Comment