Thursday, June 18, 2009
Honey... We Finally Got Our Pool!
Well, I guess I should preface this blog by saying that Lori and I always talked about wanting a pool... careful what you wish for. On Tuesday, we had a LONG day at work- it was doggie dental day and we were very busy with appointments, walk-ins, and emergencies. I was so excited to come home, put my jammies on, sit on the couch, knit, and watch TV. I walked through the front door, threw the keys on the kitchen counter, took my shoes off, and walked into our bedroom. My socks immediately became soaked with water... our bedroom had flooded. I immediately went into survival mode, telling myself that everything would be okay, and it was just stuff... nobody was dying. I grabbed every towel I could, and began stomping away. Then, I got on the phone with the Gas Company, who happened to have been digging our streets and driveway that morning, and filed a report with them. (It turns out that it wasn't their fault- just a case of a weird coincidence.) Lori was on her way home, so I tried to keep myself calm in order to keep her calm. When she got home, she was met at the door with the unfortunate news. She, being the take charge person that she is, ripped the carpet up (yes... the carpet that we just had installed a few months ago) and we gathered fans to avoid a mold attack. The leak detector service is coming up to the house tomorrow to give us an estimate. We talked to a plumber and he said that a water line in the foundation must have burst, and the water was forced to come up through the foundation, into our bedroom. We have home insurance and our flood deductible is $1000... thanks Goodness! We are tempted to just sell our house as is and move into a new apartment, but we know that would be a huge mistake. We'll see what happens- please say a little prayer for us. Worst case scenario: Pool party at our place!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Should I bring floaties for the kids? just kidding. Are you on facebook? Sara posted a pic of Hanna, so cute.
Post a Comment