Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Well, I think I may have experienced the scariest moment of my life today; one of them at least. I was driving home on the freeway today and out of nowhere, a car that was in the right lane, about 3 cars ahead of me, suddenly veered off of the road and flipped about 5 times and landed in the sand on the other side of Varner Road. When I say it rolled, I mean it REALLY rolled! This car was flying through the air, rolling over and over again at an extremely fast speed. I slammed on my brakes, pulled over, and called 911 as I ran to the car. The car was upside down and the airbags were deployed, and as I was running toward it, the driver crawled out of the window. When I turned around, I saw that about 10 other cars had pulled over as well, and the people were all running toward the car. The driver was miraculously okay, thank Goodness! We all sat with him and waited for the ambulance to get there and spoke to the police officers before we left. It wasn't until I called Lori to tell her where I was that I kind of started to cry. It's weird- when you're in certain situations, you act so bravely and act on your instincts, but sometimes when you hear a certain person's voice, you break down. The two voices that make me react that way are my Mom and Lori, and I don't think that will ever change. Anyway, I am so thankful that the driver is okay- it could have been disastrous. I have a whole new respect for paramedics- they arrived to the scene so quickly and were all so wonderful. I pray that if something like that ever happens to me or one of my friends or family members, people will react the same way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment