Tuesday, September 23, 2008

AUTUMN HAS ARRIVED!!!

Pinch me! I must be dreaming! Autumn has arrived!! I'm so excited about Autumn, it's not even funny!! Waking up early and enjoying my cup of coffee outside, wearing sweaters, sitting outside with my honey and enjoying a fire in the chiminea and a glass of wine, watching movies while shivering under a big fluffy blanket... Heaven!!

I'm also looking forward to being able to spend more time at the cemetery. The cemetery is only open during certain hours, and it has been so hot lately that I've had to keep my visits brief. I'm comfortable enough now visiting Dad by myself, and it actually gives me a very peaceful feeling. Sometimes, I'm the only one there, and instead if it being a weird thing, it's actually a very special thing. I'm looking forward to going with a book or my knitting needles and a ball of yarn (Oh my gosh, I've become my Grandma!), and spending more time there. I realize that my Dad is with me all of the time, spiritually, and that he's not just with me when I'm there, but the fact that he is physically there, gives me a sense of comfort. Sometimes, if I'm there alone, I will lie down on the grass next to his grave, and I can almost imagine him lying next to me, face to face.

I want to share how incredibly wonderful my Mom is... we met at Mimi's for lunch on Saturday and she told me that she has been going to doctors appointments non-stop lately. She went for her mamogram, her pap smear, to the skin doctor, and even for a consultation for a colonoscopy! "Ass-cuse me!?" I'm not going to be able to write this next sentence without getting teary-eyed.... after telling me about all of her Dr's appointments, she said, "'Cause I have to stay healthy for my 2 wonderful kids!" How sweet is that!? My Mom is the greatest!!

No comments: