Even though my Mom doesn't read my blog (her internet connection is SO slow... it literally takes her computer 5 minutes to sign onto the internet, and then it's an additional 3 minutes to visit a certain website!) I want to wish her a very Happy Birthday!! My Mom is one of my best friends and I love absolutely everything about her. She doesn't have a mean or a vindictive bone in her entire body- not even her pinky toe! My Mom is selfless, loving, accepting, honest, funny, and intelligent, but equally naive about certain things.
When I was about 5 years old and Mike was 9, we were living in Ogden, Utah. Mom picked us up from school and took us to Arby's for blizzards, which was our Friday ritual. Because it was already so cold outside, and we knew that the ice cream wasn't going to exactly warm us up, Mom decided to take us through the drive-thru. Mike and I normally ordered Oreo blizzards, but for some reason, that day, I wanted a Reeses Pieces Blizzard. I told Mom at the last minute, while the teenage employee was yelling at her through the speaker, pressuring her to hurry up and order. Mom panicked and said, "Ummm... we'd like one small Oreo blizzard and one small Reeses Penis." As soon as the word 'penis' trickled from her sweet little mouth, Mike and I were literally on the floor of the car, laughing so hard that we almost peed our pants. (Okay... I did... but just a little...) Mom put the petal to the metal, zooming right past the pick-up window, and flying out of the parking lot like a bat out of hell. Mike and I were too amuzed by the whole 'penis' comment to even care about the two delicious blizzards that we had just whizzed by! The three of us laughed the entire way home and told Dad our hilarious story in surround sound.
So even though you're not reading this Mama.... I love you and Happy Birthday!! Thank you for being the heart beat of our family. If it wasn't for you, we'd fall to penis!

1 comment:
That is so freaking hilarious! Your mom is awesome.
And you brother is still really hot.
:) xoxox
Post a Comment