Thursday, September 25, 2008

Something's Wrong With This Picture


Yesterday at work, a group of us girls were sitting in the pharmacy, chatting, and one of my co-workers began complaining about her boyfriend. "He won't get a job and he doesn't do anything to help me around the house." Co-worker #2 proceeded to bash her fiance. Before I knew it, I found myself sitting among an angry throng of man-bashers, all talking at once about how annoyed they were with their male partners. 'Wait a minute', I thought to myself... 'I'm supposed to be the "Man-hater" of the group! I'm supposed to be making these comments!' Only, I wasn't. I found myself almost sticking up for the dead-beat boyfriends and husbands and fiances, occasionally chiming in to say, "I'm sure he didn't mean it" or "Maybe you misinterpreted it." There was something wrong with this picture. I brought this up to my friends, and they all began laughing. The spotlight quickly turned to me, and I was suddenly fired with question after curious question.


"What's it like?"

"WONDERFUL!"

"How did you know?"

"I just did!"

"Could you ever be with a man again?"

"Never"

"How is it different?"

"In EVERY way!"


The intense interrogation continued for a few minutes, but I had to keep my answers as vague as possible since Lori and I work together, and I didn't want to jeopardize our jobs in any way. I do know that 4 women went home that night with silly grins on their faces and funny little sparkles in their eyes.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

hahaha... don't forget the best question of all, "but, but, how do you do it?