Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Need For Change


Lately, I've been feeling the need for a change. A big change. And I'm not talking about a new haircut or a fresh coat of paint on the house... BIG change! Sometimes, when I'm driving to work, I want to rip my scrubs off (I'll have a back up outfit, of course), make a 180 and head somewhere else... somewhere new... somewhere GREEN! I keep telling myself that it will all be possible in 2 years. Allison and Emily will have graduated high school and they'll be 19 years old. They'll have the option to stay here or come with us in the SUV-0-fun, if they wish, but we're not staying here any longer than we have to. Heck, mom even has the option of coming with us and living in a little guest house on our 5 acres of land in quaint Oregon. She can keep up our vegetable garden while we work at the local veterinarian and Farmer's Market. (SIGH!) I keep reminding myself how quickly the next two years will fly by, and that the weather here will be cooling off soon. I always get antsy and frustrated toward the tail end of summer. I think that's a normal reaction after being sun-fried for 4-5 months. Talk to me in November, when I'm shopping for beautiful Autumn-colored decorations, sipping my pumpkin spice latte, and sketching new pottery ideas, and I'll tell you that I'm as happy as a pig in poo.

No comments: