Thursday, May 8, 2008

Back To Work...


Well, I survived my first week back at work. Yippy! Last week, I was still contemplating whether or not I could imaging returning to work so soon after Dad's death. Part of me had gotten very used to crawling into our cozy nest with a book, a ball of yarn, the laptop, or the TV remote. The fact that I had become so comfortable with it kind of concerned me, and I was afraid that if I didn't pull myself out of hibernation mode, I may continue to sink deeper and deeper into it, so I decided that I better snap out of it and return to work. I knew it would be an emotional day when I walked back into the hospital for the first time, and I told myself that I was going to cry, and that it was okay... heck, even healthy! It's really amazing... everyone is so close at the hospital, and we really are like one big family. I can sit here and honestly say that there isn't a single person that I work with that I don't care for. The synergy in that place is so unique, especially considering that there are about 40 staff members all together. That's amazing! I don't know if it's because it's a hospital, and we're all there with a common purpose, and that's to help our clients and patients, or if the management is so wonderful, that all of the pot-stirrers are weeded out... it's probably a combination of the two. Anyway, I was welcomed back with open arms, tears, and lots and lots of support. As if that wasn't enough, several clients had noticed that I had been gone for 2 weeks, and a few of them called to see if everything was okay. When I told them why I was gone, they were so sweet- offering their condolences and support. I really am so blessed!! All things considered, it was a good week. I'm still having a really hard time with everything... I've never gone this long without either talking to or seeing my Dad, so it's been quite an adjustment, and I really miss him. I even catch myself occasionally checking my cell phone to see if he's called. I'd give anything to hug and kiss him just one more time, and to smell his cologne and hear his voice. I'm finding it difficult to listen to Arnold Schwarzeneger these days, and have to change the channel every time that darn California commercial comes on, because his, "You'll be bock!" at the end, only makes me miss my Dad more. Ha! If I've learned anything from this difficult time in my life, it's to cherish every moment with my loved ones, and to tell them that I love them on a daily basis. Life is so precious!!

No comments: