


I've been so blessed these last several weeks to have the opportunity to spend more time working in the treatment area of the hospital, since they're a bit short-handed in treatment. I've been caring for a baby bunny that we've named 'Mulligan' because he was hit by a golf ball. He fits in the palm of my hand and is just the cutest thing I've ever seen.
Then there's Daisy, a black and white pit bull puppy, who was shot by a police officer during a house raid. Her owner brought her in and told us that we would have to euthanize her since she didn't have money to treat her, so Lori had her sign the dog over to us, and we've been taking care of her. She was spayed today, so I got to recover with her after her surgery, and cuddle with her in her cage. Daisy still needs a good home!!
My co-workers have awarded me the title of "Patient Comfort Technician" since I'm always so concerned about the animals having food, water, blankets, stuffed animals, heating bags, etc. It's funny though, I feel that as much as the animals need me to comfort them, I feel that I need them to comfort ME! Life is funny.

1 comment:
Cute pictures!
Post a Comment